Hot Smoked Salmon Chowder
- 2 tbsp Scottish rapeseed oil
- 1 small square of butter
- 1 small leek, washed and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 small cans sweetcorn
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 200g pack of Hot Smoked Salmon pieces
- 250ml of vegetable or fish stock
- 250ml cream (double or whipping)
- Chopped chives, to garnish
- Place the rapeseed oil in the pan and heat. Add the butter and allow to melt, before adding the leeks and onion. Sweat the leeks and onion for about 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Now add the potatoes and enough boiling water to just cover them. Boil until they are nearly cooked.
- While the potatoes are cooking, open the tins of sweetcorn. Empty one of the tins into a blender and purée, adding a little more water if needed. Heat up the stock.
- When the potatoes are nearly cooked, add the drained tin of sweetcorn, the puréed sweetcorn, the salmon flakes and the warm stock, and continue to heat through.
- Once all the ingredients are heated, add the cream to taste and a little salt if needed. Garnish with the chopped chives and serve with crusty bread for a hearty supper.
Level Easy Time 15MinServes 4Ingredients 160g mascarpone 60ml double cream 60ml lemon juice 2 Tbsp chopped dill 1 spring onion, finely chopped 200g smoked trout, flaked* Sea salt and cracked black pepper Instructions Mix the mascarpone, double cream, lemon juice, dill...
Level Easy Time 15MinServes 2Ingredients 150g crab meat Juice and zest of 2 limes Juice of 1 lemon 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 small red chilli, finely chopped 1 tspn sea salt Freshly ground black pepper...
Level Easy Time 30MinServes 4 Ingredients 2 fillets natural Smoked Haddock 2 bay leaves 2 cardamom pods 200g basmati rice, rinsed in cold water 4 free range eggs 40g butter 1 tbsp rapeseed oil 1 onion, finely chopped 1 heaped tbsp medium curry powder 3 tbsp of double...
Follow us on social...