Hot Smoked Salmon Salad
- 200g Honey & Whisky Roast Smoked Salmon (or try one of our other flavours)
- 8 baby potatoes, cooked and cooled
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon-mustard vinaigrette
- Chives, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Lay the tomatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to season as they cook. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the skin softens and begins to burst.
- Meanwhile fill a saucepan about a quarter of the way with cold water. Place the eggs in a single layer at the bottom of the saucepan. Add more water so that the eggs are covered by at least an inch or two of water. Heat the pot on high heat and bring the water to a full rolling boil. Adding a teaspoon of vinegar to the water may help keep egg whites from running out if an egg does crack while cooking. Turn off the heat, keep the pan on the hot burner, cover, and let sit for 10-12 minutes. Or if you like your eggs not fully hard cooked, it can take a few minutes less. Strain the water from the pan and run cold water over the eggs to cool them quickly and stop them from cooking further. Peel the eggs under running water.
- Scatter the salad leaves on the plates, add the baby potatoes (cut in half), boiled eggs (cut in half) and roasted cherry tomatoes. Flake the hot smoked salmon on top. Drizzle over the vinaigrette and finish off with chives to serve.
Level EasyTime 15 MinServes 4Ingredients 2 ready made pizza bases (or naan bread or flat bread) 1/3 cup cream cheese 200g Belhaven Cure Smoked Salmon 2 tablespoons capers, drained and patted dry red onion, thinly sliced Instructions Preheat oven to 400 degrees F /...
Level EasyTime 25 MinServes 2Ingredients 2 English muffins 4 slices Belhaven Cure Smoked Salmon 4 poached eggs 1 bunch of spinach leaves For the hollandaise sauce: 3 large egg yolks 1.5 tbsp lemon juice Pinch of cayenne pepper 1/4 tsp salt 1 tbsp unsalted butter,...
Level EasyTime 1Hr 20MinServes 4IngredientsFor the filling: 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 large onions, thinly sliced 4 eggs 3/4 cup light cream 2/3 cup Lammermuir smoked cheddar cheese, finely grated 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves Parmesan pastry: 1 1/2 cups plain...
Follow us on social...