Hot Smoked Salmon Salad
- 200g Honey & Whisky Roast Smoked Salmon (or try one of our other flavours)
- 8 baby potatoes, cooked and cooled
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon-mustard vinaigrette
- Chives, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Lay the tomatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to season as they cook. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the skin softens and begins to burst.
- Meanwhile fill a saucepan about a quarter of the way with cold water. Place the eggs in a single layer at the bottom of the saucepan. Add more water so that the eggs are covered by at least an inch or two of water. Heat the pot on high heat and bring the water to a full rolling boil. Adding a teaspoon of vinegar to the water may help keep egg whites from running out if an egg does crack while cooking. Turn off the heat, keep the pan on the hot burner, cover, and let sit for 10-12 minutes. Or if you like your eggs not fully hard cooked, it can take a few minutes less. Strain the water from the pan and run cold water over the eggs to cool them quickly and stop them from cooking further. Peel the eggs under running water.
- Scatter the salad leaves on the plates, add the baby potatoes (cut in half), boiled eggs (cut in half) and roasted cherry tomatoes. Flake the hot smoked salmon on top. Drizzle over the vinaigrette and finish off with chives to serve.
Level Easy Time 15MinServes 4Ingredients 160g mascarpone 60ml double cream 60ml lemon juice 2 Tbsp chopped dill 1 spring onion, finely chopped 200g smoked trout, flaked* Sea salt and cracked black pepper Instructions Mix the mascarpone, double cream, lemon juice, dill...
Level Easy Time 15MinServes 2Ingredients 150g crab meat Juice and zest of 2 limes Juice of 1 lemon 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 small red chilli, finely chopped 1 tspn sea salt Freshly ground black pepper...
Level Easy Time 30MinServes 4 Ingredients 2 tbsp Scottish rapeseed oil 1 small square of butter 1 small leek, washed and chopped 1 small onion, finely chopped 2 small cans sweetcorn 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced 200g pack of Hot Smoked Salmon pieces 250ml of...
Follow us on social...