- 2 fillets natural Smoked Haddock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 200g basmati rice, rinsed in cold water
- 4 free range eggs
- 40g butter
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp medium curry powder
- 3 tbsp of double cream
- 500ml water
- Juice and peel ½ lemon
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp of chopped flat leaf Parsley and red chili flakes, to serve
- Place the haddock in a deep frying pan, pour over the water, add the bay leaves and cardamom pods. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 minutes until the fish has just turned opaque. Lift out of the water with a fish slice.
- Remove the bay leaves and cardamom – you can split the cardamom pods and add the seeds at the final stage for an extra bit of flavour.
- Pour the fish cooking liquor into a saucepan and add the rice. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for about 10 mins, until the rice has cooked. Add more boiling water if needed during cooking.
- While the rice is cooking, bring another pan of water to the boil. Add your eggs and boil for 7 minutes. Empty the pan. Cool the eggs in cold water, then peel and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the onions and fry until they are clear in colour for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure that they do not stick. Add the curry powder to the pan and stir through the onions.
- Add the rice to the pan and the cream and keep stirring for a few minutes. Flake in the reserved fish and add lemon zest and juice. Cut the eggs into quarters lengthwise and place on top of the rice. Put the lid back on and heat through for a few minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with parsley, maybe a few red chili flakes and serve in the pot for people to help themselves.
Level Easy Time 15MinServes 4Ingredients 160g mascarpone 60ml double cream 60ml lemon juice 2 Tbsp chopped dill 1 spring onion, finely chopped 200g smoked trout, flaked* Sea salt and cracked black pepper Instructions Mix the mascarpone, double cream, lemon juice, dill...
Level Easy Time 15MinServes 2Ingredients 150g crab meat Juice and zest of 2 limes Juice of 1 lemon 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 small red chilli, finely chopped 1 tspn sea salt Freshly ground black pepper...
Level Easy Time 30MinServes 4 Ingredients 2 tbsp Scottish rapeseed oil 1 small square of butter 1 small leek, washed and chopped 1 small onion, finely chopped 2 small cans sweetcorn 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced 200g pack of Hot Smoked Salmon pieces 250ml of...
Follow us on social...