- 1½–2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 small handful of capers
- 1 small handful of gherkins, pickled in sweet vinegar
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 2 large handfuls of flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, leaves picked
- 1 handful of fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 8 tbsp really good extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- The best way to make salsa verde is to chop all the ingredients very finely by hand. It’s great served with our hot smoked salmon or sea trout.
- Finely chop the garlic, capers, gherkins, anchovies and herbs and put them into a bowl. Add the mustard and vinegar, then slowly stir in the olive oil until you achieve the right consistency. Balance the flavours with freshly ground black pepper, a bit of salt and maybe a little more vinegar.
Level Easy Time 15MinServes 4Ingredients 160g mascarpone 60ml double cream 60ml lemon juice 2 Tbsp chopped dill 1 spring onion, finely chopped 200g smoked trout, flaked* Sea salt and cracked black pepper Instructions Mix the mascarpone, double cream, lemon juice, dill...
Level Easy Time 15MinServes 2Ingredients 150g crab meat Juice and zest of 2 limes Juice of 1 lemon 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 small red chilli, finely chopped 1 tspn sea salt Freshly ground black pepper...
Level Easy Time 30MinServes 4 Ingredients 2 tbsp Scottish rapeseed oil 1 small square of butter 1 small leek, washed and chopped 1 small onion, finely chopped 2 small cans sweetcorn 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced 200g pack of Hot Smoked Salmon pieces 250ml of...
Follow us on social...